Last Updated: January 28, 2021
If you have any questions about how we use your data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The types of personal data we use
We collect and use the following information about you:
- Your Profile Information. You give us information when you register on the League of Nova Platform, including your name or alias, email address, mobile number, information you disclose in your profile, photos or videos, payment information and Google Maps display name (if applicable).
- User Content and Behavioural Information. We process the content you generate and view on the League of Nova Platform, including photos and videos you upload, comments and updates you post, and meetings you create or join (“User Content”). We collect information through surveys, challenges and competitions in which you participate. We also collect information regarding your use of the League of Nova Platform, e.g., how you engage with the League of Nova Platform, including how you interact with content we show to you, profiles you visit, and the creators you follow. We process information about your fans, the meeting requests you receive and responses to content you upload, for the purposes of exploring whether your profile presents further opportunities for collaboration.
- Information from Third Parties. You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties or through your use of the League of Nova Platform, we may collect such third party data automatically. We have set out further detail on the information we receive from third parties below:
- Referrals: If you are invited to the League of Nova Platform such as a prospective fan or creator, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the League of Nova Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners.
- Technical Information we collect about you. We automatically collect certain information like your IP address when you use the League of Nova Platform to submit a meeting request. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices.
- Location. We will only collect location data (where we have your consent) when you share your location with us during the meeting via Google Maps applications.
- Payments. When your meeting request is accepted, the payment will be made via your debit or credit card through our payment processing partner, Stripe Payments Singapore Pte. Ltd. We do not collect any financial or billing information from you in relation to such a transaction. Please review the relevant third party services’ terms and notices in respect of the handling of such data. In order for us to credit your account with the correct value in rubies, we keep a record of the payments you make, the time at which you make those payments and the amount spent.
You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Because each browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your browser. Your opt-out selection is specific to the particular browser or device that you are using when you opt out, so you may need to opt-out separately for each browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the League of Nova Platform may no longer be available to you.
3. How we use your personal data
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with customer support;
- personalise the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you;
- enable you to share User Content and interact with other members;
- enable our communication service (chat and call) to function if you choose to use this function;
- enable you to participate in the virtual credit program;
- communicate with you;
- to help us detect and combat abuse, harmful activity, fraud, spam, and illegal activity on the League of Nova Platform;
- ensure your safety and security including reviewing user content, messages and associated metadata for breach of our Terms of Service and other inappropriate content;
- ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- improve, promote and develop the League of Nova Platform;
- carry out data analysis and test the League of Nova Platform to ensure its stability and security;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of the League of Nova Platform;
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies; and
- administer the League of Nova Platform including troubleshooting.
4. How we share your personal data
We do not sell your personal information. However, we share your data with the following selected third parties:
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our members, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Please note that your profile is public, your content will be visible to anyone on the Platform and may also be accessed or shared by your friends and fans as well as third parties such as search engines, content aggregators and news sites.
5. Where we store your personal data
The personal data we collect from you may be stored on a server located outside of the country where you live.
6. Your choices
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into League of Nova. You can delete the User Content you uploaded. We also provide a number of tools that allow you to restrict, among others, who can submit requests to meet you. Should you choose to do so, you may delete your entire account by reaching to us via email.
7. The security of your personal data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the League of Nova Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other members. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
8. How long we keep your personal data
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data. However, there are occasions where we are likely to keep this data for longer in accordance with our legal obligations or where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you have questions, comments, or requests regarding this policy, contact us at email@example.com.